Dental Crowns in Brooklyn, New York
Dental crowns in Brooklyn, New York
are specialized prosthetics that are positioned over teeth to enhance strength, durability, and to create a smoother look. They can be used when a tooth is cracked, there is an old filling that needs to be replaced, or severe tooth decay, to name a few instances. Not only are crowns custom made, but they also come in a multitude of different materials depending on the case and are matched to the color of your other teeth for a uniform appearance.
A dental examination can help us to determine when you may need a crown. We can examine your teeth and gums to determine whether you’re a viable candidate for dental crowns.
Types of Dental Crowns
There are various types of dental crowns
, all of which will benefit different patients. Our professional dental team at LuxDen can evaluate your teeth and offer a professional opinion on what dental crown would work best for you.
Also known as Porcelain Infused Zirconium, this is one of our favorite choices for our patients in Brooklyn. This type of crown combines strength, durability, and aesthetics. PFZ crowns allow more light to pass through, making these dental crowns look like your actual teeth. This makes these crowns more suitable to be used on your front teeth to retain that “real” aesthetic look.
Considered to be the strongest, zirconium crowns come in opaque and translucent varieties in Brooklyn. They are made of the strongest type of crystal. Since they are so durable, they are perfect for withstanding chewing and pressure forces (this also makes them long-lasting). Zirconium crowns are great for hiding tooth damage caused by fractures or even staining. Best of all, these dental crowns can be easily reshaped, colored or modified according to the needs of each dental patient. Also, less tooth structure needs to be removed to place this dental crown.
Amazingly lifelike results can be achieved using an all-ceramic crown. This option has a high aesthetic appeal and is perfect for the front teeth since it mimics the tooth structure and transparency. This type of dental crown provides a better and more natural color and is suitable for those with metal allergies in Brooklyn. This type of crown can be used for both front and back teeth.
PFM crowns are made of two components: a metal shell (substructure) that will fit over a trimmed tooth and the porcelain material that will be fused to the shell to give the crown its tooth-like appearance and color. There are three different shell options for PFM crowns which include semi-precious, precious, and gold. Best of all, besides all-ceramic crowns, these look the most like natural teeth.
Full Gold Dental Crowns
Since gold is an inert metal, it is completely bio-compatible with your body. Although not that aesthetic, these crowns are a great choice for back teeth such as molars that aren’t visible but require great strength to masticate food efficiently. In terms of wearing down, they probably last the longest out of all of the dental crowns mentioned.
About CEREC Crowns
With over 8 years of experience working with CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology and having obtained a Master CEREC tech certification, Dr. Umanoff and our dental team can provide you with the convenience and reliability of CEREC One-Day crowns. These amazing crowns are measured, planned, and milled right here in our Brooklyn New York office from a solid block of material. They are exclusively made for individual patients and ready to be inserted in just an hour! There are no multiple appointments or hassles. CEREC technology can create inlay, onlay, and full crown options too.
Schedule an Appointment to Discuss Dental Crowns in Brooklyn, New York
Before dental crowns can be given to a dental patient, it’s necessary that they have a thorough dental examination at our Brooklyn, New York dental office. This allows us to evaluate your existing oral health situation and fix any imperfections. We also can discuss the best type of crown for your situation, if needed. To schedule this dental examination at LuxDen, call our dental office today at 718-382-3444.
Types of Crowns We Implement
- • PFZ – Porcelain Infused Zirconium – One of the favorite choices for both us and our patients. This type of crown combines strength, durability and aesthetics. PFZ crowns allow more light to pass through making them look like your actual teeth. This makes these crowns more suitable to be used on your front teeth to retain that “real” aesthetic.
- • Zirconium – Considered to be the strongest, zirconium crowns come in opaque and translucent options. Since they are so durable they are perfect to withstand chewing and pressure forces.
- • Ceramic – Amazingly lifelike results can be achieved using an all ceramic (Porcelain) crown. This option has high aesthetic appeal and is perfect for the front teeth since it mimics the tooth structure and transparency.
- • PFM – These crowns are made of two components; a metal shell (substructure) that will fit over a trimmed tooth and the porcelain material that will be fused to the shell to give the crown its tooth like appearance and color. There are three different shell options for PFM crowns; semi precious, precious and gold.
- • Full Gold – Since gold is an inert metal, it is completely bio-compatible with your body. Although not that aesthetic, these crowns are a great choice for the back teeth such as molars that aren’t visible but require great strength to masticate food.