Pediatric Dentistry in Brooklyn, NY
Healthy kids are happy kids. And you can help your kids avoid pain and suffering by teaching them good dental habits. They’ll carry those habits well into their adult years. Self-care dental habits include brushing and flossing daily, regular visits to the pediatric dentist and early intervention when problems do arise. Introduce your children to the best pediatric dentistry team in and around Brooklyn, so they won’t fear the dentist. Instead, they’ll always know where to go when they have dental problems.
With the right kind of preparation, your child’s first dental trip can be fun and adventurous. Kids aren’t born afraid of the dentist, but they pick up that fear from you if you have any. And they can get anxious when they’re taken by surprise. Give your kids accurate and positive information about your pediatric dentistry team so they know just what they can expect.
LuxDen is a family practice that also includes specialties such as dental implants. Your entire family can get basic oral care, restorative procedures and cosmetic dentistry treatment all at one, convenient location. Once kids get to know and trust their dental team, they’ll look forward to future visits, knowing they’ll get a new toothbrush and reliable advice for living without dental problems.
Kids Get Comfortable
The experienced team at LuxDen talks to children in ways they can understand. Simple terms are used to spell out every detail and every step. Their first priority is to eliminate anxiety and fear before proceeding with any treatment.
Prepare your children for a dental appointment by taking simple steps such as:
- Visit your pediatric dentistry office regularly because they’ve got the experience and training to successfully treat children. They’ve learned how to make kids comfortable and reduce their fears and anxiety.
- Bring your children when you visit the dentist so they can see how normal it is.
- Make a separate appointment just for your child to meet the pediatric dentistry team. Then, when they do go for treatment, your kids already are familiar with their dentist and hygienist.
- Take advantage of any distractions offered at the office, such as movies, magazines, books and video games. Or let them bring their own. Bring headphones so they won’t hear what’s going on and can keep their attention off the treatment.
- Don’t make any promises that you aren’t sure you can keep. While the Brooklyn, NY pediatric dentistry team tries to reduce pain, it’s possible your child will feel some discomfort. Consider any offers of sedation when you think it may help.
- Stay in the exam room with your child. Hold her hand and remain nearby to provide assurances that everything is on track and will be over soon.
- Allow the dentist to speak freely with kids. Don’t interrupt, but instead give the dental team the time they need to build a trusting relationship; it will go a long way toward successful treatment.
That First Visit
Pediatric dentistry experts say that you should bring kids to the dentist before their first birthday; typically, teeth first erupt around six months. After that first visit, bring kids to the dentist at least twice a year for cleanings and checkups. Allow them to get fluoride treatments as an added measure to maintain healthy teeth.
Tooth sealants provide another option to seal deep grooves where plaque can build up. Sealants can last for years, and the dentist monitors their stability at the bi-annual visits.
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, “Tooth decay (cavities) is an epidemic among our youngest children — an epidemic even worse for children from families struggling with poverty.”
Your pediatric dentistry team understands that New Jersey families often are on a budget, which is why they’re committed to affordable dentistry for your whole family.
Adolescents Need Pediatric Dentistry as Well
LuxDen also provides services for teenagers, who often need orthodontic treatment to straighten crooked teeth. They have a choice of teeth straightening options ranging from traditional braces to clear braces and Invisalign retainers.
Your pediatric dentistry practice in Brooklyn can take care of all dental issues for kids and teens, including:
- Professional dental cleaning
- Endodontic Procedures
- Broken teeth repair
- Cosmetic dentistry appropriate for younger patients
- Dental surgery procedures
- Root canals and crowns to save natural teeth